If the YouTube app in your phone does not play the video on your TV, you will need to try a few methods to fix it.
Here is the first easy 4 things to do when YouTube does not connect to your TV:
1. When using YouTube in your phone, after pressing the small TV icon at the top right of the screen, it will give you a list of TVs that you can connect.
– Be sure you are selecting correct TV in the list.
2. Make sure the TV and the phone are connected to the same WI-Fi network.
– If your TV and phone are not connected to the same Wifi, there will be no internet connection. So, connect your TV to the same Wi-Fi with your phone and retry.
3. The router may need to be reset to connect the phone app to your TV.
– Reset the Wi-Fi by unplugging the router for 5 minutes and try connecting your phone to the TV again.
4. The TV may have never been reset and this can cause connection problems.
– Unplug the TV from power for 5 minutes to reset the connection and try again.
If you still having connection issues with the YouTube app in your phone also try these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Next, open the YouTube application on your television.
- In the YouTube app on your TV, go to SETTINGS and click it.
- In SETTINGS, go to where it says LINK WITH TV CODE. ( When you select LINK WITH TV CODE, a blue numerical TV code will appear on the TV screen )
- On your phone, go to the YouTube app, select PROFILE PICTURE and then SETTINGS.
- After SETTINGS, click on WATCH ON TV.
- Then click ENTER TV CODE and type in the number that shows on your TV screen.
NOTE: If all of the methods above didn’t fix your problem, you can restore FACTORY SETTINGS in your TV. It maybe something misconfigured in your TV and causing the problem. To restore factory settings in your TV, find the manual settings in your TV.